1. The event director goes to http://www.usms.org/comp/sanction/request.php
2. Complete the online process and submit the form.
3. When the event is submitted, an email is sent to the LMSC sanctions chair.
4. The sanctions chair logs into the system, reviews the event information, may request additional information if needed and as long as all appropriate requirements have been met, approves the request. The event will be automatically added to the USMS calendar of events and the meet director will receive a confirmation e-mail of the approval.
5. For Pool Events, there is no Sanction fee charged by STLMSC. STLMSC covers the cost of the National Pool Event Sanction fee.
For Open Water Events, STLMSC covers the cost of the National Open Water Sanction fee ($300). In addition to the National Open Water Sanction fee, there is a per participant fee. STLMSC will bill the event host for the $1.00 per participant fee accessed by the National office after the event is completed.
1100 Sprague Lane
Austin, TX 78746
For additional information, please email STSanctions@usms.org.
Tutorial for Event Directors (this provides a step-by-step guide for submitting a sanction request).
Worksheet for Event Directors (this provides a printable worksheet that the event director can use to prepare for a sanction request).
Tutorial for Sanctions Chairs (this provides a step-by-step guide for approving a sanction request).
Link to Pool Measurement Forms.